30 Day Self-Love Challenge
This challenge is for anyone in need of a little extra self-loving.
There's an inescapable ebb and flow to life. At times we find ourselves struggling and overcome with depression, anxiety, grief, lack of self-confidence, lack of self-love, etc... This challenge is a tool to break free from those negative places. It provides comforting and encouraging activities to work towards pulling yourself out of that funk. It'll remove unhealthy habits and thoughts so you can properly deal with whatever is negatively affecting you. We know that when dealing with setbacks our minds can turn against us. These activities will help you tame that beast, take back your life and feel fulfilled and optimistic for the future.
A few things before we start,
1. Don't wait until a "good time" to do this. That will cause you to put it off and may actually increase anxiety. Instead, DO IT NOW! This tool is meant to be molded from person to person. You can accomplish the steps in each of the 10 day buckets in any order that works for you. Find activities that fit into whatever else you already have planned for that day. That way it isn't a chore, its a reward.
2. Before starting the 30 days, take 3 - 7 days to be sad and reckless. Give yourself time to be a mess with no guilt! But don’t allow it to go on for too long. After that, create a sad/nostalgic playlist.
3. Buy a journal and make an entry each day. Notice the times when you feel the most down, and when you do, pull out that journal. Let the emotions and thoughts flow out through the pen.
4. On each of the 30 days do one thing completely and utterly for yourself. This is anything that brings you joy. No matter how big or small, when you do it tell yourself "this is for me".
5. Leave the house without your phone for at least 1 hour, 3 times a week or more.
Alrighty, lets dive in!
Days 1 - 10 : relax and let go of your ego
- Give up an unhealthy habit for the full 30 days starting now! If needed, take one cheat day after the first 15. Also, give up all social media for the first 15 days (easy? … go for the full 30 days!). Then, write a list of things you are unhappy with and would like to change in your life.
- Write a letter to yourself or someone else of atonement and anger.
- Delete/remove/hide anything that reminds you of the specific event/person/thing that has caused you negativity. Keep these things removed for at least six months.
- Have a sad movie day or night.
- Have a lazy day! Sleep extra late, lay on the couch, snuggle, relax, regroup
- Have a pamper day at the spa or home. Suggestions: massage, haircut, exfoliate, mani-pedi, sunbathe, hottub...
- Go to a slow flow yoga class – these are also available online
- Start a new book. Here's some of our favorites: The Yamas and Niyamas - Deborah Adele, The Tao of Pooh - Benjamin Hoff, Emotional Intelligence 2.0 - Travis Bradberry & Jean Greaves, The Way of the Peaceful Warrior - Dan Millman
- Take an epsom salt bath, light candles, read that book
- Create a happy, uplifting playlist. Do a silly dance, sing to yourself in the mirror (naked?) And put the sad playlist to rest.
Days 11 - 20 : empower yourself, rebuild from the roots up
- Rearrange and clean a living space.
- Go to a therapeutic session. This could be online or in-person therapy, flotation tank, meditation, psychic, hypnotherapy, visit a Shaman, etc...
- Go on an adrenaline adventure. Suggestions: skydiving, white water rafting, aerial adventure course, roller coasters, high voltage carting...
- Treat yourself to lunch and coffee or tea.
- Sweat it out at the gym.
- Buy new undies and take an underwear selfie.
- Change something about your appearance.
- Have a night out to dress up and dance.
- Do something artistic. Try painting, writing a poem, playing an instrument, wood burning, jewelry making...
- Do something nice for a stranger.
Days 21 - 30 : set goals & prep for your future self - law of attraction
- Take a glamour shot of yourself at your favorite place.
- Start planning your next vacation.
- Have a date night with your bestie.
- Re-connect with family that you have lost touch with. Maybe a phone call, lunch, movie, walk in the park..
- Take a family member or friend’s child out for the day. (they'll thank you)
- Drive 1 hour in any direction, venture out in the nature and reflect.
- Write a list of goals you want to accomplish in 1 year from now, 2 years from now, 5 years from now.
- Write a list of standards of living and boundaries of what you’ll stand for by other people.
- Restart your social media and use the new glamour shot that you took.
- Open the list of things you are unhappy with and burn it - you’re free :)
~Allow yourself to see the light in the world and the light within you~